[ gpsdrive ] Feature Freeze & Bug Reporiting Deadline ;-)

Andreas Putzo andreas at putzo.net
Thu Sep 13 12:08:16 AKDT 2007

Hi,

On Sep 12, Joerg Ostertag (gpsdrive Munich/Germany) wrote:
> Well,
>
> most of you probably already realized, we have feature freeze for 2.10pre4.
> The next step (Sometime between Thursday and Sunday) will be a pre release
> gpsdrive2.10pre4. So if you have any serious Bugs which are real
> ShowStoppers. Please report them today. (Best would be with patch ;-)
> Otherwise they might not make it into the release ..... ;-)

It seems that the mapnik osm.xml file in the user's home dir gets
overwritten every time gpsdrive starts. I use 'localhost' instead
/var/run/postgresql. That's why i noticed this :) (homedir.diff)

Btw, do you know a way to keep these settings somehow separated?
I had a quick glance at tinyXML (which is used by mapnik) but as far
as i can tell it doesn't support include files.

YMMV, but i think, the mapnik data should be installed to
/usr/local/share/gpsdrive/mapnik/ and not share/mapnik/ to avoid
interfering with other installations. (mapnikdir.diff)

Does the kismet bug still exists?

Cheers,

Andreas