[ gpsdrive ] Mapnik , kismet

Thomas Zimmermann gpsdrive at vdm-design.de
Sun Sep 16 10:48:20 AKDT 2007

Am Freitag 14 September 2007 20:50:56 schrieb Joerg Ostertag (gpsdrive
Munich/Germany):
> Any Info for me under which circumstances it is not working? Or is it not
> working at all?
> If you give me some info, I might try to help search for the problem.

My debugger crashed while debuging gpsdrive, so i've no detailed
information...

After running gpsdrive with kismet a while, gpsdrive crashes.
It crashes because of a buffer overflow in the readkismet function.
I searched the sourcecode for unsecure functions, but didn't realy find any.

It could not be an overflow in kbuffer, which i tought at the beginning,
because kbuffer must be on heap and not on stack.

Did anyone knows a debugger which can visualize the content of the stack
memory? I think watching the content of the stack would be the easyest way to
find this bug.

Thomas