[ gpsdrive ] Cannot add a waypoint to $HOME/.gpsdrive/way.txt

Thomas Schönhütl pilleus.pulcher at arcor.de
Thu Sep 20 11:15:39 AKDT 2007

Hello,
> Am Donnerstag 20 September 2007 18:57 schrieb Thomas Schönhütl:
>
>> I try to add a waypoint via "y" in the map. The new waypoint is shown in
>> the map, but there is no entry in the file way.txt.
>>

> maybe the waypoints are stored into another file?

No, there is no other file, just way.txt which is recognized in the
right way.

>> This is the message in a konsole (appears at the moment I click OK to
>> store a new waypoint):
>>
>> get_poitype_tree: File /usr/local/share/map-icons/icons.xml not found!
>>

> hmm, seems the icons.xml file is missing too. is ist installed somewhere else,
> or don't you have that file?

I think this file is not here.

>> Key: $1$e7f6170f$FgmowbCTF.Vg7yhecTYzr0,id: FgmowbCTF.Vg7yhecTYzr0 22
>> bytes, time: 15901868
>> map_koord.txt reloaded
>> setting maps dir to: /home/slack/.gpsdrive/maps
>> distance jump is more then 2000km/h speed, ignoring
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt: Datei oder
>> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt: Datei oder
>> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt: Datei oder
>> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt: Datei oder
>> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt: Datei oder
>> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt: Datei oder
>> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

>> I run gpsdrive without mysql.
>>
>> /home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt is available and writeable by user "slack".
>>
>> The .gpsdrive/gpsdriverc is a new created with the right path for the
>> way.txt-file.
>>

> does the entry contain the complete and right absolute path, just like this:
> 	waypointfile = /home/dse/.gpsdrive/way.txt

Yes. The real path is in .gpsdrive/gpsdriverc stored. The way.txt is
loaded as you can see in the log, but at the moment the new waypoint
should be stored, the file

/home/slack/.gpsdrive//home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt

cannot be found. I think here the system is searching the wrong path, a

/home/slack/.gpsdrive/way.txt

should be ok.

Thomas Schönhütl.