[ gpsdrive ] Installation / running gpsdrive packave(v 2.10svn16984604) on Debian Etch

Andreas Putzo andreas at putzo.net
Wed Sep 26 13:00:58 AKDT 2007

Hi,

On Sep 26, Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 13:41:41 schrieb Andreas Putzo:
> > Am 26.9.2007 schrieb "Florian Schmitt"
> > >florian at migdal:~$ ldd /usr/bin/gpsdrive
> > >/usr/bin/gpsdrive: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not
> > >found (required by /usr/bin/gpsdrive)
> >
> > i tested this with a fresh etch install and can reproduce the problem. If
> > you check with objdump -T
> > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (from binutils) you can see that it does not
> > contain a GLIBCXX_3.4.9 symbol, only GLIBCXX_3.4.8.
> > I would guess that something went wrong  at build time or that the
> > package has not been build in a clean etch environment or so.
> > As Joerg already suggested, the best thing to do is rebuilding the
> > package :)
>
> Well, if it's a build problem; I'll have to check my build machine here. Can
> you give me a hint which packages to check for being installed and which ones
> shouldn't be installed.

Well, you should only install packages (from etch) that are needed to
build gpsdrive :)
I created a new etch chroot with deboostrap, added the gpsdrive mirror
to my /etc/apt/sources.list and got the same error. That's why i assume
that it is a problem with your build machine.

You may also use pbuilder to build in a clean environment:
pbuilder --create --distribution etch --mirror <your mirror>
pbuilder update
pbuilder build gpsdrive_2.10pre4-1_i386.dsc
 or
cd gpsdrive-src
pdebuild

This is also a nice way to spot missing build dependencies.

Cheers,
Andreas