[ gpsdrive ] [gpsdrive] Screensize on eeepc?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at gps.open.source.it
Sun Apr 27 13:30:13 AKDT 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 22:14, Joerg Ostertag (gpsdrive Munich/Germany) wrote:

> On Sonntag 27 April 2008, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 April 2008 21:33, Markus Bergholz wrote:
> > > oke, if i use this mod for starting gpsdrive,it doesn't work very
> > > well...
> >
> > Same here - GPSdrive version 2.10pre4, Slackware 12.0, KDE 3.5.7, on a
> > Fujitsu ST4110 tablet (1024 vertical, 768 horizontal).
> >
> > The -r and -s options appear to make no difference at all to the size of
> > the window GPSdrive opens.
> >
> > I managed to cope with the "undefined reference to
> > 'get_mapnik_imagedata'" problem when compiling it by commenting out the
> > line in map_handler.c, but now can't really use it because most of the
> > application window is hidden behind my virtual keyboard near the bottom
> > of the screen, or behind the KDE status bar below that.
>
> isn't there the -g or --geometry option ?

Not that I can tell - "gpsdrive -h" says:

"...
-s HEIGHT set height of the screen, if autodetection
          don't [sic] satisfy you, X is i.e. 768,600,480,200
-r WIDTH  set width of the screen, only with -s
..."

No mention of -g, or of any options starting with --

The command line I'm using is:

"gpsdrive -s 600 -r 600 -1" (the -1 is for a single button mouse, or stylus in
my case).  I end up with a window 1024 high and about 600 wide, and this
doesn't change no matter what parameters I use with -s and -r, or even if I
leave them out altogether - same result).

> > Additional question - where / how do I tell GPSdrive where to find my GPS
> > device now?  The last version of GPSdrive I used worked with gpsd, but
> > this one seems to want to drive things on its own, but "gpsdrive --help"
> > doesn't tell me how to tell it where to find the GPS receiver.
>
> GpsDrive should try to connect to a gpsd by default.

Does that mean I should be using gpsd after all?

I thought that if GPSdrive could talk directly to the GPS receiver that would
be a cleaner way to do things - I was looking for how to tell GPSdrive where
to find the device.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
<flopsie> yes, but this is #lbw, we don't do normal

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.