[ gpsdrive ] Screensize on eeepc?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at gps.open.source.it
Sun Apr 27 13:57:38 AKDT 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 22:35, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Sunday 27 April 2008 22:25, Guenther Meyer wrote:
>
> > the newer versions don't have the -x, -r, -s options anymore.
>
> I'm assuming that the info I get from "gpsdrive -h" matches what that
> version of gpsdrive can do...

Argh!

This turned out to be the problem - "gpsdrive 2.10pre4 -h" tells you to use -r
and -s, which have no effect, and doesn't mention -g, which does what I want.

Things seem to fall off the right hand side of a window 768 pixels wide (I
didn't think that was *so* narrow?), so I can see an "Altitude" label, but
can't read the number, for example, but other than that I seem to have what I
need now.  Thanks for the suggestion - I hope the SVN version (and the next
release) has an updated help output :)

> > normally gpsdrive connects to a locally running gpsd
>
> Okay, in that case I'll try to get a copy.  I'm sure gpsdrive used to come
> with its own source for gpsd, but I don't see it now, which is another
> reason why I thought it wasn't needed.

Thanks, this works now.

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.