[ gpsdrive ] GPS Drive stops when Settings is pushed

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon May 12 11:05:51 AKDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 07:46:43PM +0200, Willem wrote:
> Goodevening,
> I'm new on the forum, so maybe this problem has allready been solved ..
> I am using the Dutch version of GpsDrive 2.10 (2.10pre4). A Globalsat BU
> 353 is attached. The program won't "see" the GPSMouse. On earlier
> versions I could change the port in "settings". In this version, when I
> push (Options)-settings/prefences (in Dutch "Voorkeuren") the program
> terminates. Anybody to help me solving this problem (pref. in Dutch).

Try using gpsd (http://gpsd.berlios.de/). Get it working first, and
verify that it is working with xgps. Only then try gpsdrive.

gpsd is in its own package for most distributions. xgps may be in that
package or a separate one for the gpsd test programs, depending on
your distibution.

As for why the program is terminating, I can't help there. Anyone
else?