[ gpsdrive ] Plans for a new release?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 18:39:55 AKDT 2008

Antony wrote:
> Please reply to the list;
> please don't CC me.

Hi,

for anyone who finds that annoying there is a mailman setting you can change whcih stops it sending you duplicates.

Click on the mailing list URL at the bottom of this post then at the bottom log in to modify your options;

----
Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list. Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No to receive copies.

If the list has member personalized messages enabled, and you elect to receive copies, every copy will have a X-Mailman-Copy: yes header added to it.
----

but FWIW this list seems to be set up to strip away the name of the person you want to reply to when you hit reply-all, and just leaves the mailing list address. Which I find annoying as if I click reply-all I want to reply to all, not just some. I can click reply for that.

shrug,
Hamish