[ gpsdrive ] OpenStreetMaps

Guenther Meyer d.s.e at sordidmusic.com
Tue May 27 14:29:19 AKDT 2008

Am Dienstag 27 Mai 2008 schrieb Jan-Erik Skata:
> Hello,
> How can I download maps from OpenStreetMaps.org? Running 2.09-r1 and I only
> have the option to download from Expedia (Germany or US) and TopoZone (US
> only). From the Export dialog on OSM I cant export large enough size
> either. Do I need a newer version? Tried compiling the latest but it
> couldnt find HTTP::Request Perl module.

2.09 is a very very outdated version! please update to a newer one, 2.10pre4
or the svn version.

then you have two ways to import osm data:
you can use the script gpsfetchmap.pl to download maps from the t at h-server,

or you can install a postgis database and use mapnik-osm-updater.sh to fill it
and get live-rendered maps. in the svn-version searching for osm points of
interest is also included.