[ gpsdrive ] gpsdrive on debian / ubuntu/ mac os x

Guenther Meyer d.s.e at sordidmusic.com
Mon Mar 1 13:18:36 AKST 2010

Am Montag 01 März 2010 11:17:16 schrieb Seth Just:
> I've been having difficulty with the SVN version,

what kind of difficulties?
if you are trying to use svn, then it would be fine, to do the diffs with 'svn
diff'.

> but here's what I had
> to do to get pre7 seeing dependencies from fink. To get it to link
> against the libgps shipping with gpsd-2.90 I messed with gps_handler.c,

the gps 2.90 code is already in current svn.

> but the goal is to show it can compile with fink dependencies. I'll try
> to get this working with the svn ASAP, which will probably be a week or so.

great. keep on, it looks promising!

> I'm especially curious how we can get the right linker flags to be put
> in the various link.txt files, which ATM I have to edit by hand.

AFAIK this should be done by cmake...

some notes to your howto:
8. maybe it's easier to toggle options by directly editing DefineOptions.cmake

9./11. maybe the attached patch could be part of a better solution (not
tested!)...

10./12. see above.