[ gpsdrive ] gpsd 3.0 client published

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 18:01:23 AKDT 2010

Charles Curley wrote:
> I have published source for a simple gpsd client that works with the
> current (2.95~dev, protocol 3.2) version of gpsd. I have licensed it
> under the same terms as gpsd, under the BSD license.
>
> http://localhost/~ccurley/crcweb/blog/articles/gnome-gps_a_simple_gtk_gps_monitor/index.html

I look forward to checking it out.

also, for your interest ...

There is a nautical chart equivalent to GpsDrive called OpenCPN,
  http://opencpn.org

One of the devs there has written another nice little gpsd client called
"Gippy" which shows lat/lon, speed etc.  It is built using wxPython:

http://matrixmariner.com/gippy
http://github.com/manimaul/Gippy/
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/gippy-ai-ai-39151.html

It is still in the early stages of development, but looks nice for an on-
screen display.

regards,
Hamish