[ gpsdrive ] 2.10pre8 branching [was: Screen size]

Guenther Meyer d.s.e at sordidmusic.com
Tue May 18 21:41:59 AKDT 2010

Am Montag 17 Mai 2010, 10:55:20 schrieb Hamish:
> On Monday, March 1, 2010, 2:02 PM Guenther wrote:
> > > which version of gtk do you have?
> > > those functions are available in gtk since 2.12, which is
> > > the oldest version we support ;-)
>
> On Mon, 3/1/10, Hamish wrote:
> > ok, I am willing to put up with that. (or more to the point not
> > willing to put in the effort myself to support that)
> >
> > etch used libgtk2.0 version 2.8.20 fwiw.
> >
> > I've now dropped the etch patches from svn and made one-last
> > build using the last rev which worked with it, r2527.
> >
> > if anyone wants them, gpsdrive 2.10pre8~r2527 packages for Etch
> >
> > can be found here:
> >   http://sites.google.com/site/hamishbowman/gpsdrivefiles#etch
> >
> > I still wouldn't mind retrospectively branching r2527 as
> > pre8-final btw.
>
> any objections to me branching off r2527 as 2.10pre8, then backporting
> the ability to use the new gpsd API to that branch?

AFAIR ist 2.11 a branch of r2527.

> if 2.11-stable is now branched, what version should trunk be called as?

in any case no more pre version ;-)

AFAIR Joerg wanted to have a scheme like the following:
versions (like 2.11) with odd numbers are more or less stable releases.
versions (like 2.12) with even numbers should be stable releases.
packages built from trunk should usually have a naming like 2.11svn2551.

if for some reason critical bugfix releases without new features should be
necessary, we should use something like 2.12.1